- Government budgets are inherently and vastly different from other types of budgets and should not be compared to company or family budgets.
- Using arbitrary spending limits such as personal income on government budgets hurt public services and private sector job creation.
- There are roughly 20 states with lower unemployment than Texas and only 10 of them have spending limits.
- We believe that the current constitutional debt limit is more than enough to control state spending.
- We believe the the outdated, bureaucratic spending limit should be repealed because it will continue limit the state in provide important services like:
Code – The Texas Constitution
Article – 8 Taxation and Revenue
Section – 22 Restrictions and Appropriations
Code – Government Code
Chapter – 316 Appropriations
Section – 316.001 Limit